Registered Nurses (RN) urgently needed to manage the nursing care of individuals with immediate medical attention, and individual’s comprehensive treatment plans. Adherence to applicable regulations and review of resident progress as appropriate.
- Pre-admission evaluation study and plan leading up to the admission assessment.
- Provide care under the supervision of the Director of Nursing and Treatment Plan.
- Prepare and review monthly MAR/TAR.
- Conduct in-service training with regard to personal hygiene, medication administration, safety precautions, communicable diseases, etc.
- Implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures.
- In conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team, develop treatment plans consisting of an evaluation of the nursing needs and selection of nursing procedures and practices which will best serve the individual's health care needs.
- Administration of medication and treatments to the residents.
- Document on the individuals medical records nursing observations and action taken, such as nursing care given, medications and treatments given, and reactions to treatments. Record nursing needs of individuals.
- Follow up and follow through with the pharmacy to order, reorder and discontinue individuals medications.
- Available for on-call duty and to work varied shifts as the needs arises.
- Account for the issuance of controlled drugs and narcotics and inventories of these drugs.
- Provide information to the individual and family about such areas as sustaining and preventive health care, personal hygiene, methods of family or self-treatments, possible side effects of medications, specialty visits, ER visits, incidents, etc.
- Serve as a liaison, interpreter or as accompaniment to individual with outside providers of health services.
- Licensed by NYS Dept. of Education.
- Experience in OPWDD settings or with IDD population.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written).