We are currently looking for Registered Nurses in the Rockland County area. RN’s are responsible for the oversight of medical issues within residences, including oversight of direct care staff and LPN (as related to medical concerns). Additionally, you will provide direct support and serve as a role model, advocate and teacher for the people that you will support.
- Promote an environment that encourages and promotes independence and individualization in all aspects of the lives of the people we support.
- Responsible for the well-being of the people we support. Exhibits sensitivity to and respects the rights of the people supported, including their emotional and physical needs.
- Provide training, supervision, assistance and monitoring in areas related to medical services, appointments, and care to direct support staff.
- Responsible for the ongoing Plans of Nursing Service for each person supported to include their diagnoses and ensure staff are trained on the plans.
- Monitor the data collection on the eMARs (electronic Medication Administration Records)
- Oversee the Licensed Practical Nurse and Direct Support Professionals as related to medical concerns.
- Monitor and ensure all staff training/certifications are current at all times, including Medication Administration Cards (MAC).
- Visits each Program at least once per week. Make hospital visits as required.
- Ensure the residential setting is always (internal/external) audit ready.
- Maintain training as required by agency policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Have the ability to speak, read, and write English fluently which allows full communication with people served; AHV staff; and, 3rd parties
- Have the ability to relate appropriately to people supported with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn to use other database systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use sound nursing judgment while following AHV policies, practices and procedures
- Ability to operate office equipment (including computers)
- Possess a valid driver license with a driving record acceptable to AHV’s insurance carrier and possess the ability to travel to all AHV sites throughout the areas we serve
- Successfully meet all screening requirements (both prior to hire and during employment) as required by applicable regulation
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged