The Registered Nurse position is responsible for administering vaccines, take vital signs and triage patients. The Registered Nurse serves as a leader and maintains quality of care through an on-going process of assessment, planning, and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are essential responsibilities for the role:
- Review patient charts for missing labs, reports, and/or open orders
- Triage urgent patients
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patient
- Take vitals signs of patients
- Review the EHR active medication list with patients
- Conduct and document point-of-care tests based on protocol
- Provide general nursing care to patients
- Administer prescribed medications, treatments and vaccinates
- Facilitate clinical messages and chronic condition management education
- Document progress notes in electronic health record within 24 hours
- Conducts medication management including performing medication reconciliation, reinforcing medication knowledge, and understanding medication regimen; refers to pharmacist as required
- Enforces adequate Infection Control standards, with guidance from the Medical Director.
Education and Certification
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed by the State of New York.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an Associate Degree in Nursing with 2 years’ experience.