Tempositions is looking for Full Time Registered Nurses to work for a variety of our clients; i.e. Clinics, Group Homes and Schools.
• Assesses the physical, social, and psychological needs and environmental conditions of the patient through professional knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical examination to develop a plan of care.
• Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input from appropriate multidisciplinary health team members (i.e., physician, OT, PT, SW, SLP, family members, caregivers, HHAs, etc.) based on goals mutually acceptable to the patient and significant others.
• Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, activities of daily living and treatment and prevention of illness.
• Ensures that services follow the plan of care by ongoing assessment, planning, coordination, counseling, teaching, and supervision of the delivery of care to meet the needs of the patient.
• Assesses the patient’s condition, monitors the effect of the care plans on the patient/family health status, informs physician and other team members of changes in the client’s needs and updates the plan of treatment, as needed.
• Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patient’s safe discharge from service.
• Ensures that physician’s orders, discharge summary and communication to team members, patient and family members adhere to regulatory requirements.
• Follows work procedures in relation to established workflows.
• Performs other related duties as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State required.
• Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations is highly preferred
- BLS, certified;
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.