Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign-on bonus with a second bonus of $2,500 after 90 days ($91,000K)
Due to the in-person nature of this position, Our client requires you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be considered for this role.
Assess, plan and evaluate the health and care of older adults with serious mental illness in community settings. Responsible for performing the duties of a Registered Nurse, including completing health assessments, blood drawing, administering medications including injections, etc. Coordinate services with other health professionals. The position also requires strong writing and computer skills to ensure compliance with funding and Medicaid requirements. Position requires working in the field. This position will conduct visits in the field alone - you will not be accompanied with another staff member.
Title: Registered Nurse – Part Time 4 days a week (Monday - Friday - 9am to 5pm) This position is flexible on hours
Reports to: Psychiatrist/Team Leader
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform standard health assessments of all individuals admitted to the program.
- Perform blood drawings, take urine samples, and administer medications.
- Facilitate medication management and health management.
- Maintain up-to-date charting and other documentation as required.
- Provide crisis intervention, including emergency hospital admission support
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Implement medication management procedures to enable consumers to become independent.
- Coordinate medical/medication services with external providers including clinics, doctors, pharmacies, etc.
- Requires some evening/weekend hours and 24/7 on call availability.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a graduate of an Accredited School for Nursing with NYSED license.
- Certification in Geriatric nursing, preferred.
- 2 + experience working with older adults with serious mental illness preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bilingual/bicultural a plus.
*Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks’ vacation, plum benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.