Full-time, Mon - Friday
On-site, Brooklyn, NY
Reporting to the Director of Talent, The Recruiting Specialist partners on all recruiting initiatives. The role will assist with reviewing and selecting qualified candidates to present to hiring managers and will collaborate with HR personnel to support a seamless new hire experience.
A critical member of the Human Resources Development (HRD) team, The Recruiting Specialist participates in broad HRD initiatives, lending expertise, leading, and supporting as needed and required. As cultural ambassadors, HRD members lead by example and personify "The Right Way to Treat People."
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assists to identify, develop, and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the organization's needs
- Helps to develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the Director of Talent and hiring managers in all recruitment efforts
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer and onboarding process to maintain candidate/employee engagement
- Ensures recruiting compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Collaborates with Compensation and Benefits Manager to identify and remediate external pay inequities to better attract and retain top talent
- Develops and maintains relationships with recruitment partners; ensures contracts are up to date and agreeable; ensures invoicing is consistent with contract terms and services rendered.
- Maintains current knowledge of employment law and best-in-class recruiting practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualification & Competencies
- Associate's degree in human resources management, business administration, or similar discipline
- 3 years of direct recruiting experience
- Demonstrated experience in scaling an organization's talent
- Working knowledge of general employment laws, including selection criteria and application of HR Best practices in hiring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient in applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management
- SHRM Certification, generalist
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged