Receptionist who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules as well as bookkeeping, file management and office organization. We’re looking for a receptionist who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, answering and routing calls, making transactions, and keeping paperwork organized. The medical office front desk receptionist mainly uses telephones and computers to communicate with patients and staff, so they must have basic knowledge of computers. These receptionists frequently work during regular business hours in an office setting. Applicants please note that this location is in Staten Island.
- Answering and transferring phone calls
- Scheduling, confirming and rescheduling appointments
- Organizing medical records
- Filing and scanning charts
- Entering patient demographics into the database
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize workload.
- Be able to cope in a busy environment.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be computer literate.