Our client, a well-known national commercial real estate law firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant to join their Manhattan office. This position is onsite. The Legal Assistant will be providing support on real estate commercial transactions. The ideal candidate must have commercial real estate closing or title insurance background. The firm represents lending institutions, investment funds, and small to medium-size companies in all aspects of real estate including financing, buying, selling, leasing and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join established commercial real estate firm. Compensation commensurate with experience and competitive benefits package. If you are a Legal Assistant with commercial real estate experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Assisting Attorneys in all aspects of pre-closings and closings
- Reviewing title commitments and underlying title exception documents and surveys
- Organizing the retention of files and documents
- Preparing loan documents
- Organizing legal information and reference materials
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Legal Assistant in a law firm setting.
- At least 3 years of commercial real estate closing or title insurance experience.
- Commercial real estate background.
- Prior Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Worldox and/or any other Document Management Software is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.