TemPositions is looking for a Purchasing Manager.
- Manage purchasing team of 5-6 buyers and material planners to effectively execute raw material planning and buying to ensure the accurate and timely ordering and receipt of products that meet factory demand.
- Ensure ERP data is accurate and up to date, including order acknowledgements, commit dates, lead times
- Engage with vendors to address potential issues and prioritize purchasing schedules to meet project timelines
- Support urgent material needs through direct communication with all company vendors
- Hands on, daily communication with internal stakeholders to procure raw materials needed to meet project and production deadlines.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Recommend changes or improvements to company ISO Purchasing Procedures.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience for a manufacturer in the same or similar industry, including 5+ years’ direct supervisory responsibility of purchasing team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- Experience procuring electronic components, electro-mechanical parts and related raw materials is a strong plus.
- Strong team management skills, with the ability to build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel is required.
- Experience procuring electronic components, electro-mechanical parts & related raw materials is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of AS400/MAPICS ERP system is a strong plus.