This position is responsible for ensuring safe, quality food is produced following production standards on specific assignments within required time.
This position is also responsible for understanding related Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMP to ensure the safety and quality of employees and products.
The job duties include responsibility for assuring food safety and food quality for Steven & Charles products.
A supervisor or other person of authority should be notified if any issues or threats to food safety or food quality are observed.
· Performs assignments in accordance with established Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and procedures
· Performs assignments in accordance with specifications, instructions, and requirements
· Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within required time
· Ensures that work ethic provides a positive influence on the Production floor
· Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned space
· Follows Production dress code standards and maintains good personal hygiene
· Reports all Production waste to Production Lead or Supervisor
· Responsible for food safety and food quality throughout production
· Responsible for notifying a Production Lead or Supervisor when they step off the line to ensure food safety and food quality standards are maintained
· Understands the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s)
· Performs other duties as required by Supervisor or Manager
· Follows all company policies and procedures
· Must have reliable transportation and be able to work a flexible schedule
· Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends if necessary
· Must be able to read and write in either English or Spanish
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
· Demonstrates good verbal communication skills
· Able to stay focused in a loud working environment
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment requiring strict work/safety rules 100% of the time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Able to stand for at least ten hours per day and may have various repetitive motion duties
· Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms
· Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend
· Employee must lift up to 50 pounds and is required to ask for assistance if limit is exceeded
· Must be able to keep eyes focused on a conveyor belt for a maximum five hours at one time
· Must be able to work in a food allergens environment
· Working environment provides exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, and chemicals), employee must be able to sustain these changes throughout the shift