Production Circulation Department Manager
Job Title: Production/Photocopy Department Manager
- Has previous managerial/supervisor experience
- Manage, motivate, and encourage a skilled staff of 5 members to: focus on quality, speed & accuracy, teamwork, and customer service; promotes cross-training of job skills
- You will monitor job performance, attendance, and tardiness; takes corrective action as needed in accordance with company policies; writes annual job performance appraisals
- Project management for the department. Develop short term and long-term Production/Circulation Department goals with specific action plans to achieve them.
- Familiar with light upkeep and repairs of photocopy machine.
- Keep track of how much inventory is used and sends monthly reports to the CFO
- Create reports in Excel and/or Microsoft word and place orders.
- Coordinate special mailings including fundraising, patrons, and volunteers.
- Create daily audio duplication schedule based upon patron requests, newly completed digital books and general circulation needs; issues large print book scanning assignments, and special photocopying assignments
- Previous experience at photo copy or mail distribution center is a plus.
- Collects and analyzes daily & cumulative data including audio, large print, special publications and Braille circulation, duplication turnaround.
- Coordinates Monthly Audio & Braille Magazine Production
Cleanliness and Organization:
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the Department (circulating library, duplication area, braille production and shipping/mailroom) for maximum efficiency, safety and presentation.
- Interacts with vendors; orders shipping, production, mail room, general office supplies and building supplies; corporate letterhead and hospitality items focusing on cost effectiveness and product value.
- Utilizes on-line services to schedule and ship all packages, maintains shipping records for tracking and billing.
Pitney Bowes Postage Meter:
- Monitors postage consumption and replenishes funds as need.
- Ensures that all equipment is in proper and safe operating condition; initiates repair, or replacement of equipment as needed; investigates and evaluates new technology to improve the process efficiency and product quality.
- Interacts with staff members outside of the department related to specific requests of the department including duplication, photocopying etc.
- Reports monthly consumption of audio, large print and Braille supplies to cost accounting.
- Updates Unit Cost of major circulation items: audio, large print and Braille
- Works with CFO to develop Annual Budget
- Experience managing a mail room or photocopy center
- Significant Project Management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excel knowledge a plus
- Data base knowledge a plus
- Exempt employee
- General hours: 9 to 6 pm Monday through Thursday in the office
- Reports to: President
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.