The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for gathering all required payroll data, W-2 forms, benefits information, direct deposit forms, tax filing documents and all data is needed to effectively on-board new hires. Management of timesheets, PTO, deductions, exceptions reporting to finalization of payroll completion They must regularly update data, and resolve incomplete timesheets in a timely manner to conclusion. Manage enrollment of new hires in bio metric clock and in all databases and phone applications needed to work effectively. Works with dept heads to process all PTO, schedule changes, workers comp, disability and unemployment claims. Resolves payroll inquires in an effective manner. Participating in orientations and assisting in recruitment.
Liaison to NYS , NYC and Federal agencies when reporting is required. Will represent the company at unemployment claims with NYS Dept of Labor.
Ensures legal compliance by following HR protocols by supporting and creating a diverse safe work environment.
- Knowledge of payrolls software functionality, attendance records, garnishments, payroll records, management of timesheets.
- Excellent communication with the ability to speak clearly and effectively at all levels of the operation.
work relationships with the team members are required to encourage and
provide support where needed. The ability to resolve conflict, promote and
discourage inappropriate behavior; conducting employee suspensions and
terminations when needed. Finding the balance between confidant and
- Critical Thinking and Evaluation skills with a keen sense of how to appropriately analyze data.
- Accurate auditing ensures overall employee performance and compliance.
- Being articulate, accurate and concise in written communication are of utmost importance since the position requires ongoing documentation.
- Knowledge with NYS labor standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, with a minimum of 3 years working in the Human Resource field with a focus on Payroll Functions.
- Software: Payroll, time and attendance software; Kronos Workforce Ready (min. of 1 years’ experience)
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook