Our client, a national professional services organization is adding a Payroll Tax Analyst to their team.
In this position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Prepare and process Journal entries related to payroll processing and taxes
- Coordinates with the Payroll team to assure accurate processing of taxes and employee paychecks
- Run post Payroll reposts and review including research tax related issues.
- Respond to payroll tax related questions and resolve payroll tax issues Company wide.
- Prepare weekly review of tax balancing reports and review for federal, state and local payroll amounts.
- Conduct tax research, gather documentation and prepare responses to auditor’s information requests.
- Support preparation of documents for reporting by other departments that include Risk Management, Corporate tax, Finance and Regions.
- Interface and communication with ADP to assure processing of all Federal, State, Local and other Payroll Tax obligations are accurate and correct.
- Balancing and reconciliations related to the ADP Quarterly processing of Federal, State and local taxes.
- Responsible for the year end balancing of internal records to submissions (reported & remittance) to Federal, State and Local agencies as well as for W-2's.
- Support Federal, State and local agencies for audits and inquires.
The position Requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting desired
- 3+ years related payroll tax experience
- CPP - Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- Excellent P/C skills (Excel, Word)
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Oracle Fusion Cloud knowledge desired
- Ability to analyze fairly complex data
- Results oriented individual with strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
*Position is located in Madison NJ area and can be Hybrid OR 100% Remote option if logistically required.