We are currently seeking a Payroll/Accounts Receivable Manager for a community-based nonprofit organization who will report to the Director of Financial Services. In this role, the Payroll Manager will supervise the daily operation of the payroll department along with the following duties.
- Oversee the maintenance of payroll records, logs and files in accordance with the company policy and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Process payroll for the entire organization (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem). Whole lifecycle of processing payroll from start to finish, timing of benefits and etc.
- Enforces established company payroll policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinates fiscal and calendar year-end processing of payroll, including supplemental payrolls, W-2 and other tax forms, including other government required documentation.
- Reconciles general ledger payroll accounts monthly to actual payroll reports.
- Record payroll disbursements on Finance Department cash flow statement.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate reports.
- Maintain bookkeeping records through trial balance on accrual basis including adjustments at month end, all ledgers, journals and books of prime entry.
- Process and submit payments for 401k plan, Pension Plan, Pension Loans and garnishments.
- Calculate quarterly pension contributions by employee.
- Distribute reports to applicable management.
- Prepare pension and TDA compliance data package for annual audits and submit the necessary 5500 forms.
- Prepare and schedule annual Worker’s Compensation Audit.
Accounts Receivable - Essential Duties:
- Bill daily and send invoices for all services provided by the company. This includes billing for private pay, fiduciaries and all third parties.
- Follow up with staff that all data needed for billing is received in Accounts Receivable by the 15th and the last day of the month. Notify the Director of Financial Services of any difficulty in receiving the required data.
- Enter data into MIP (Abila – Not-for-Profit Accounting System); proof reports for accuracy.
- Follow through with necessary actions for collection; phone calls, letters, duplicate invoices, etc.
- Responsible of keeping staff informed of any problem areas that need resolution.
- Enter receipts daily in MIP.
- Check out daily deposit slips. Code Non-A/R and pull A/R invoices.
- Proof all monthly work for accuracy and reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Proof all receipts with the receptionist.
- Run and distribute aging reports.
- Attend accounts receivable meetings when necessary.
- Manage the general ledger and financial reporting for other entities tied to company.
- Completion of forms and questionnaires with relevant income/expense information when required for staff or outside sources.
- Responsible for the general safety of all staff and program participants under his/her supervision.
- Safeguard human and civil rights of all program participants under his/her supervision.
- Serve as role model for program participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting and two years’ experience.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in EXCEL and Word.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.