Seeking Payroll specialist with a keen eye for detail and
strong sense of leadership. The ideal candidate will understand and apply payroll
record keeping practices, review peer work, and provide assistance within
department as well as to the public.
- Assist Payroll Manager
- Prepare, review, and file payroll and other documents to ensure accuracy
- Assist in scheduling
- Serves as liaison between Payroll Manager and staff and makes recommendations based on departmental needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Business Administration, OR related field or the equivalent to 2 years of full-time clerical and administrative payroll experience.
- Knowledge of basic practices, terminology, and laws and regulations regarding payroll practices
- Strong communication skills
- Proper phone etiquette
- Thrives in fast-paced environments
- Analyzing Information, Data Entry Skills,
Attention to Detail, Confidentiality,
- Thoroughness, General Math Skills,
Financial Software, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization