- Assist Payroll Manager
- Prepare, review, and file payroll and other documents to ensure accuracy
- Assist in scheduling
- Serves as liaison between Payroll Manager and staff and makes recommendations based on departmental needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Business Administration, OR related field or the equivalent to 2 years of full-time clerical and administrative payroll experience.
- Knowledge of basic practices, terminology, and laws and regulations regarding payroll practices
- Strong communication skills
- Proper phone etiquette
- Thrives in fast-paced environments
- Analyzing Information, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality,
- Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization