We are currently seeking Patient Registrars and Administrative Professionals for Healthcare Centers and Hospitals in the New Haven County area.
• Schedule appointments for services from patients directly or physicians offices following the designated protocols of the scheduling systems
• Performs insurance eligibility verification and executes payor requirements as needed
• Initiates requests for authorizations, pre-certifications, notices of admission, and referrals from insurance companies.
• Utilizes Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to obtain necessary clinical information to secure such precertification
• Obtains accurate insurance benefit information from payers, such as deductible, copay, and coinsurance amounts
• Contacts patients to perform pre-registration, including demographic verification, conveyance of insurance benefits, and estimates of liabilities
• Receives incoming faxed physician orders
• Verifies orders for compliance and accuracy
• Data entry required
• Customer service and organizational skills
• Medical Terminology
• Basic level MS Word & MS Excel
• Experience with insurance