Patient transporters needed in the Patient Escort Services department of a Brooklyn and Bronx hospital. Interested candidates must have a High school diploma or GED. Previous experience working as a patient escort or patient transporter for a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation center is preferred.
- Transporting patients to and from rooms, x-rays, tests, etc.
- Picking-up Medical Specimens and dropping them off in the laboratory
- Transporting patient's clothes and property from one unit to another
- Obtaining patient escort assignments and schedule from Technical Supervisor or designee of Central Inpatient Transport
- Maintaining records of activates including the time patient is picked up, time of arrival at a specified area and time of patient's return to their designated area.
- Must have a HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift patients, push wheelchairs, stretchers, bed stretchers and gurneys.