Patient Escort/Transporters needed in the Transportation department of multiple hospitals throughout New York City. Interested candidates must have a High school diploma or Equivalent. Previous experience working as a patient escort or patient transporter for a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation center is required.
- Transport patients to and from exam rooms, laboratories and testing facilities
- Pick-up and drop off medical specimens to the laboratory
- Transport patient's clothes and property from one unit to another
- Obtain patient escort assignments and schedule from Technical Supervisor or designee of Central Inpatient Transport
- Maintain records of activates including the time patient is picked up, time of arrival at a specified area and time of patient's return to their designated area.
- Escort hospital and ambulatory patients traveling by wheelchair, stretcher or hydraulic stretcher safely and efficiently
- Assist in transferring patients between beds and transportation equipment
- Schedule and arrange transport for patients being discharged
- Assist with the removal of expired bodies
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Minimum
- 6 months previous transport/escort experience in a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility
- Current BLS (CPR) Certificate from the American Heart Association
- Ability to lift patients, push wheelchairs, stretchers, bed stretchers and gurneys
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Pay Rate: $19-21/hr (Depending on shift assignment)