On Call Counsel is seeking a real estate paralegal for an amazing opportunity in Midtown Manhattan. The ideal candidate should have at least five years of real estate experience (land lord tenant experience is a plus) and working in a fast paced environment.
- Supporting multiple attorneys in real estate matters.
- Answering telephones, taking messages and forwarding calls to appropriate parties.
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Managing attorney calendars.
- Opening new client matter accounts (conflict checks, intakes, retainer letter and file opening).
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper client files and keeping filing up-to-date.
- Entering attorneys' time.
- Draft complex correspondence and documents (e.g., court forms, pleadings, e-mails responding to client inquiries) and anticipate attorneys' need for same.
- Proofread, photocopy, assemble and distribute prepared materials as necessary.
- Transcribing, drafts or oral instructions, perform word processing on a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda and legal documents as requested.
- Organize tasks for maximum efficiency and manage conflicting priorities effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and firm information and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of litigation experience
- Strong knowledge of Landlord Tenant law specific to New York
- Demonstrated experience supporting real estate attorneys
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of office equipment such as printers, facsimile machines, photocopying machines and pdf scanners
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.