Our client, a non-profit organization, is seeking a Legal and Compliance Paralegal for a temp to perm position in their New York City office. This position will be remote until offices re-open. It will start off at 20 hours/week and ramp up as the candidate is being considered for the perm position.
The Legal and Compliance Paralegal will be supporting the Legal Department with the application and expansion of compliance efforts, including privacy, data security and other policies that apply across the organization. The ideal paralegal will have at least 5 years of experience working in compliance in a corporate setting; preparing policies and procedures; and reviewing, editing, formatting, and comparing complex legal documents. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference while developing your legal and compliance skills with a diverse organization. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a Legal and Compliance Paralegal with at least 5 years of compliance experience in a law firm or corporate setting and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
• Preparing and tracking materials related to the organizations compliance efforts, including policies and procedures, corporate filings, securities restricted list, legal holds, the Legal Departments business continuity plan, compliance plans, and online compliance calendars.
• Administering and tracking participation of employees for corporate-wide compliance initiatives including privacy and compliance training, conflict of interest surveys, and compliance certifications.
• Reviewing, commenting, and revising various materials for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
• Assisting with the preparation of complex legal documents, presentations, and the Legal Departments budget and performance versus budget.
• Performing administrative tasks, as needed.
• Supporting the Legal Department in company-wide initiatives and multi-departmental projects, as needed.
• Bachelors degree or combination of education and experience
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in legal and compliance, specifically within a law firm setting or corporate law department
• Paralegal certificate or experience a plus
• Knowledge of privacy, information security and/or qualified retirement plans a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong writing and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and counsel
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Must be able to work independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment