We are currently seeking an Operations Director who will be responsible for the overall management and supervision of a group of residential facilities. The Director’s primary role is to ensure that all the needs of the people supported in their programs are met. These needs include ensuring their rights are both promoted and respected, supporting their health and safety, and working with them to identify and realize their personal outcomes. The Operations Director is responsible for ensuring that available resources are used efficiently and effectively and policies and procedures are followed. In collaboration with division leadership, the Operations Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of performance for their teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly supervise a team of senior supervisors, ensuring that they are trained, guided and supported on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct regularly scheduled one to one support meetings with senior supervisors at least monthly.
- Ensure that the rights, health, safety and personal outcomes of the people living in the residence are supported at all times.
- Lead a culture of ongoing professional development for the entire team. Ensure that all staff fulfill training requirements, that they receive regular performance evaluations, and that performance improvement feedback is provided timely and according to the clients policies.
- Review requisite documentation , including goals, service documentation, medical, financial etc., for all residences within scope, for accuracy, thoroughness and timely filing in a manner in accordance with New York State, Federal and Agency policy.
- Conduct regular and routine site visits to all programs within the scope of responsibility.
- Must be able to conduct, coordinate, support and participate in all required meetings, councils, and events, including ones scheduled outside normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and positively communicate agency philosophy, administrative decisions, etc. to all team members in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure completion of initial evaluation, monthly observations/feedback and annual evaluations, in all programs within scope.
- Review and submit billing in a timely manner as required.
- Review residence rosters on a regular basis, to ensure all authorized hours are accurate and are aligned with behavior plans as well as individuals’ schedules. Monitor overtime effectively.
- Ensure and monitor that programs are adhering to set budgets.
- Conduct basic assurance reviews including, financial reviews, as per agency policy as well as regular and routine inventory review at all programs.
- Ensure and monitor that all team members obtain/maintain required certifications and trainings
- Interview, hire, develop and retain high quality staff.
- Ensure follow through on all recommendations and plans of action resulting from internal audits and external surveys.
- Represent the Agency to outside agencies and at functions when requested.
- Participate in committee meetings as requested.
- Fulfill the essential job functions of a senior supervisors during vacancies and when shifts cannot be covered.
- Full on call responsibilities.
- Education, Work Experience, and Competencies
- 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of two years’ paid experience supervising others’ provision of direct supports and services to people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated competency in all state, local, federal regulations and agency policies relevant to the operation of all certified/uncertified agency locations.
- Willingness to be on call/flexible schedule based on needs of the program.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license.
- OPWDD experience required.
- Able to sit, walk and stand for prolonged period of time (at least 8 hours)
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to operate standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand on a stool as needed
- Able to lift 50 pounds at a time
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.
Pay:$67,500.00 - $70,000.00