The organization is looking for a mission focused, strategic, and tenacious office manager. This manager should have experience managing multiple projects, successfully driving outreach programs, and have solid understanding of techniques and tools to help deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality.
· Develop and maintain project budget, schedule, and milestone; be able to anticipate budget challenges and the means necessary to overcome the obstacles.
· Work closely with the COO to manifest projects and coordinate events.
· Offer superior communication and negotiation skills as the liaison between the organization and partners.
· Ensure knowledge transfer and effective teamwork between staff including refreshing team skills to meet project needs.
· Handle required paperwork for project compliance and all necessary forms of communications to drive projects.
· Experience working in a fast-paced start up or related environment and flexibility taking on other roles as needed.
· Evaluate project benefits and value in alignment with company mission.
· As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of the Foundation and be driven by the mission.
· The candidate should have an affinity towards the Bronx community and demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, partners, and community, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized.
Additional requirements are:
· Aware of (and sensitive to) cultural diversity.
· Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving and creative resourcefulness.
· Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation.
· Risk Management—ability to ascertain project quality and efficiency against strict budgets.
· Multitasking—ability to take on multiple roles necessary to manifest project.
· Solid educational background—undergraduate degree required; MBA or Project Management exp a plus.
· Proficient understanding of the Microsoft Office suite and Google G Suite products.
· A good communicator - written and oral given communications with Co-Founders.
· Well versed in managing web-based platforms like Submittable (online grantmaking platform), skilled and adept with other online platforms.