Office Manager needed to assist insurance company with all delegated tasks and projects.
- Formulate and manage projects in furtherance of office management and insurance-related activities.
- Track, manage, discuss, and report status of tasks across departments.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Supervise up to one clerical employee.
- Draft reports, memos, letters and other documents
- Attend business meeting to record and distribute minutes.
- Make and manage task lists.
- Plan and manage basic meetings regarding office management tasks.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Prepare daily mailings, UPS, FedEx, USPS mailings.
- Perform accounts payables functions, including invoice entry and check printing.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Results-focused with a positive attitude who will “roll up your sleeves” to get things done
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional, office environment
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and escalate issues only when necessary
- Superior follow-through without alienating people
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, issues and solutions to diverse audience in writing and orally.
- Demonstrates high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Intermediate computer skills, and knowledge of and ability to use standard industry programs and websites which must include intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience in the insurance industry, in order to be familiar with insurance-specific terminology and concepts
- Undergraduate four year college degree.
- Project management course work or designations.