Nursing Assistants in EAST SUFFOLK
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing routine daily care to assigned residents. Including, but not limited to personal hygiene care, meals and nutrition, safe transfers and assisting with maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
· Assists Residents with personal hygiene: tub baths, shower, bed baths, care or hair, nails, shaving and oral hygiene.
· Assist Residents with toileting and incontinence care.
· Takes vital signs, weights, intake, output as directed by the unit supervisor and report findings to the Unit Supervisor.
· Change linens and beds as needed.
· Maintain an orderly, clean environment for the residents and their unit. This will include organizing closets and dressers.
· Notify RN or Unit Manager when residents need supplies, clothing, toiletries etc.
· Maintains cleanliness of Residents equipment including hearing aids, eyeglasses, dentures, assistive devices, bedpans, basins, wheelchairs.
· Must have an active New York State CNA Certificate.
· Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a long-term facility.
· Dedication and reliability.
· Current CPR.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Previous Nurse Aide experience preferred.