Middle School Math Teacher
Position Title: Teacher
Annual Agreement Status: 10-Month Agreement
Our Vision: Graduate leaders are empowered to make the right choices and become catalysts for change.
Our Mission: Awaken and develop the socially responsible, technologically literate, and self-motivated leader within ALL students via an innovative, internationally focused, and student-centered curriculum that challenges students intellectually, creatively, and personally in a nurturing and safe environment that promotes the development of the total child so that they can be successful in an interconnected global community.
Custom Job Purpose: This position exists to ensure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each grade level.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the NAEP philosophy, goals, and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet the students' individual needs. Ect.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge to improve the school's growth and achievement continually.
- Assists in the ongoing curriculum revision process, including revising written courses of study
- Develops, according to district and building guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate discipline techniques that are consistently applied.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, and school rules and regulations; and is supportive of them to the public
- Engages in continued professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
- Evaluates students' accomplishments regularly using multiple assessment methods such as teacher-made tests, samples of students' work, mastery skills checklists, ongoing classroom checklist of learning, criterion-referenced tests, and norm-referenced tests.
Education, Experience and/or Certification/License Requirements
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be Certified, Qualified, and Highly Qualified as defined by the Course Code(s) assigned (i.e. must have appropriate teacher certificate).
- NAEP School Network schools are 21st century schools thus a high level of technology comfort and fluency is a critical element for interested candidates. Teacher should demonstrate proficient experience with Google Mail and Google Drive, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Command of grades/subject-specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation, and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Must pass a drug screening, criminal and employment background checks.Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating, and Influencing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.