Experienced Medical Receptionists, Registrars and Medical
Office Clerks to work within various hospitals throughout the 5 boroughs.
Interested applicants must have a minimum of at least 2 years recent and solid
experience working in a fast paced health clinic, doctor’s office or hospital.
A medical office front desk receptionist performs a number of duties, including
greeting and scheduling patients and visitors, bookkeeping, calling patients to
remind them of appointments, handling billing, answering and routing calls,
making transactions, and keeping paperwork organized. The medical office front
desk receptionist mainly uses telephones and computers to communicate with
patients and staff, so they must have basic knowledge of computers. These
receptionists frequently work during regular business hours in an office
setting. Hours may vary for receptionists depending on the office's regular
hours. Medical office front desk receptionists must interact frequently with
patients, medical professionals, and supervisors, meaning they must have
excellent communication skills and be personable.
- Meeting & greeting patients
- Answering and transferring phone calls
- Scheduling, confirming and rescheduling appointments
- Registering patients
- Preparing patient’s charts
- Verifying insurance coverage
- Filing and scanning charts
- Entering patient demographics into the database
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working in a hospital, clinic or doctor's office.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written)
- Knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
Previous experiencing using some form of medical software is preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.