This position oversees the day-to-day operational functions for the medical practice, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner. Key responsibilities include financial, office administrative duties, insurance administration, and personnel management.
- Responsible for posting and adjustments related to patient services.
- Oversees patient/insurance collections.
- Makes daily bank deposits; prepares change envelope and credit card transaction receipts; reconciles petty cash.
- Enters charges and payments; issues refunds as appropriate
- Responsible for hiring and training office staff.
- Oversees the selection of office equipment and supplies
- Manages the financial aspects of the business, such as billing, banking and accounting.
- Contact vendors for their services, such as billing agencies and accounting services.
Education and Experience:
- Five years Dermatology medical practice experience required.
- Strong financial background, previous bookkeeping experience.
- Extensive experience with practice data processing systems.
- Prior experience using EMA, EMR and Kareo for practice management.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.