We are currently hiring Medical Assistant/ Secretary professionals for a prestigious, nation’s largest, non-profit academic medical center located in Newtown, CT.
- Greets and brings patients from waiting room to clinical area. Obtains vital signs as required.
- Registers and updates patient information
- Verifies demographic and insurance information
- Provides clerical and secretarial work associated with patient care to include copying and dictation. Prepares, files and organizes patient charts.
- Schedules appointments as ordered for patients in the office, for testing, or other physicians.
- Assures the examination area is clean and stocked.
- Assures the patient is properly prepared for the scheduled visit to maintain timely patient flow.
- Conducts in-office testing as directed by the physician. Coordinates testing and outside ancillary services as applicable.
- Collects, prepares and processes specimens as directed by the physician
- Maintains inventory and ensures proper upkeep, cleaning and testing of medical equipment and supplies. Fills out appropriate logs.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position. Il, Performs other duties as assigned
- Data entry required.
- One year medical assistant/secretary experience, or graduate of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Basic medical knowledge and terminology.
- Skill in obtaining accurate patient vital signs.