We are currently seeking Certified Medical Assistants (CMA or RMA) with Orthopedic experience for a Healthcare Center in the Fairfield County area.
- Schedules and authorizes surgeries and splints.
- Escort patients to room.
- Assist orthopedic physician with all medical procedures with courteous and knowledgeable medical decision making; follow through on patient requests for information.
- Receive and handle all patient telephone calls to completion.
- Manage patient charts: receive charts from transcription, organize chart based on office policy, follow through on any incomplete paperwork or items missing from chart. Review patient charts daily for next days appointments.
- Prepare exam rooms between each orthopedic patient and prepare injections daily.
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Review all charts prior to patients appointments to assure all paperwork is complete and attached.
- Stock exam rooms with supplies.
- Order medical supplies and manage inventory storage.
- Establish and update inventory of medical supplies.
- Maintain and dispose of bio-hazard materials.
- Act as a liaison between patient and physician, communicating messages, screening telephone calls for referral to orthopedic physician.
- Know legalities regarding confidentiality of patient records.
- Know OSHA regulations and follow correct procedures for handling biohazard materials.
- Complete forms for patients according to physicians direction for workers comp, disability, insurance, etc.
- Other miscellaneous CMA and RMA duties as directed by physician or supervisor.
- Monitoring physicians schedule: including on call and keeping computer system up to date.
- MUST HAVE ORTHOPEDIC EXPERIENCE.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and certified (CMT, CMA, RMA).
- High school graduate or GED.
- At least two years of work experience in a medical orthopedic setting.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and insurance verification.