- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
- Performs preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary
- Registers and updates patient information
- Verifies demographic and insurance information
- Provides clerical and secretarial work associated with patient care to include copying and dictation.
- Prepares, files and organizes patient charts.
- Schedules appointments as ordered for patients in the office, for testing, or other physicians.
- Assures the examination area is clean and stocked.
- Assures the patient is properly prepared for the scheduled visit to maintain timely patient flow.
- Conducts in-office testing as directed by the physician.
- Coordinates testing and outside ancillary services as applicable.
- Collects, prepares and processes specimens as directed by the physician
- Maintains inventory and ensures proper upkeep, cleaning and testing of medical equipment and supplies.
- Fills out appropriate logs.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position. Il,
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Phlebotomy and Medical Assistant experience required