An Environmental Technology Company has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer at their new research center in the Denver metro area.
- The job entails the design of mechanical components and systems involved in the clients technology for direct air capture, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and carrying out related experiments and computer simulations.
- Performing thermal analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products.
- Analyzing requirements for materials, structural components, or functional systems.
- Mathematically defining problems and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the products.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
- Providing technical leadership to project teams • Recognizing and creatively solving complex problems
- MS or PhD in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or closely related field is preferred
- 2-5 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience
- Strong background in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and mechanical design
- Significant operational or technology development experience
- Proven track record of executing engineering projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Work closely staff and contractors to complete project objectives
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite / Proficient with AutoCAD 2010 or later
- Relocation available for the right candidate