A well-known NYC Hospital is seeking independent,
hard-working and motivated individuals to join their Environmental Services team.
You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or
preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have
previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and
power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
- Cleaning, maintaining and/or sterilizing assigned areas
- Changing bed linen
- Disposing of garbage
- Buffing, waxing or polishing floors
- Snow removal
- Sweeping, dusting, mopping and vacuuming designated areas
- Assisting in loading, unloading and sorting supplies
- Assisting with debris removal
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 months previous maintenance/housekeeping experience in a hospital or nursing home preferred
- Some heavy lifting
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Flexibility to workdays, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.