Opus Scientific is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for a biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development, production and distribution of plasma-derived products. This company has a market presence in about 100 countries. the day-to-day planning, operation, and maintenance of utility systems, production equipment and facilities. Responsible for supporting production, quality assurance, materials, management, and administration with proper facilities, utilities, and maintenance.
*Maintenance experience in a PHARMACEUTICAL and/or BIOPHARMACEUTICAL facility A MUST!
- Supervise the electrical and mechanical maintenance of all refrigeration equipment and systems including but not limited to water coolers, refrigerators, freezers, freeze dryers, WFI chillers, glycol chillers and the main refrigeration system.
- Supervise the electrical and mechanical maintenance of all utility equipment and systems including but not limited to WFI, DI steam, compressed air, HVAC and waste treatment.
- Supervise the electrical, mechanical, structural and architectural maintenance and upkeep ofthe buildings.
- Assign priorities of both scheduled and unscheduled work to assure a minimum of production downtime while using the most cost-effective personnel with a minimum of overtime.
- Supervise subordinates to assure compliance with GMP, OSHA, safety and company policies and procedures.
- Assist, train and develop subordinates to the highest level of their ability.Review completed documentation including, but not limited to PM's, work orders, building checks.
- High School Diploma or GED.College degree preferred.
- Technical/working knowledge of mechanics and utilities, including but not limited to, boilers, air compressors, WFI stills, chillers, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, cooling towers, refrigeration equipment and systems.Also electrical equipment, systems, and controls both electrical and pneumatic.
- Ability to plan future needs in order to avoid unexpected failures and shutdowns.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.