Medical Surgical Practice is seeking a Maintenance staff member to perform general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining buildings, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition.
• Receives oral or written orders from Director of Maintenance.
• Performs work according to standard procedure and by practices operational schedule.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, stairways and windows.
• Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
• Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
• Dusts furniture and equipment.
• Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
• Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
• Performs touch up and finish painting.
• Empties wastebaskets.
• Replenishes restroom supplies.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms.
• Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
• Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
• Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
• Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
• Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
• Uses hand tools in making minor maintenance repairs.
• Assists in shipping and receiving of supplies and materials.
• Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
• Checks building at beginning and end of shifts
• The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
• Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
• Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
• Must regularly lift/move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift/move up to 100 lbs.
• Flexibility to travel to all office locations