Maintenance Custodian Worker
Experienced Maintenance Custodian worker position available
The primary purposes of the Maintenance Custodian worker position are to professionally and comprehensively provide a clean, neat, attractive, comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, safe, and sanitary environment to visitors and staff by performing routine tasks in assigned work areas in accordance with established policy and procedure. The Maintenance Custodian worker will perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cleaning of all assigned common areas, offices, public spaces, and grounds. The Maintenance Custodian worker is ultimately responsible for the independent performance of all assigned duties with appropriate supervisory oversight
Long-term Temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent
On-Site in Manhattan, New York City
Full-time, Hours vary weekly, Weekdays & Weekends
The first two weeks of training will be Mon - Fri, 8 am - 5 pm. Then hours will vary to include weekends and evening shifts, 11am - 8pm
Maintenance/Custodial clothes and work boots are required for this heavy cleaning role
Background checks required
Essential work functions of the Maintenance Custodian worker include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs all work consistent with and in strict adherence to all Policies and Procedures.
- Meaningfully participates in all required Departmental in-service training education programs.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly duties and specialized duties as assigned.
- Will work independently and as a team member to ensure the effective and efficient completion of work
- Extensively performs daily functions in order to ensure that the facilities are maintained clean, hygienic, and fresh and are free of dust accumulation, fully stocked of supplies, free of pest infestation, free of accumulated wastes and debris, etc.
- Operates and uses various types of cleaning equipment, such as vacuum cleaners, mops, brooms, dusters, buffing, waxing machines, etc. as trained and deemed competent.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Performs dusting, damp wiping, spot cleaning, disinfection, dust and wet mopping of all floor surfaces. Performs all aspects of floor maintenance, including buffing, and waxing, (as trained and deemed competent). Performs high and low cleaning of walls, ceilings and floors, baseboards, etc. Performs dusting, cleaning, etc. of all equipment and furniture surfaces. Cleans sinks, mirrors, toilets, tubs, showers, wall surfaces, etc. in bathrooms. Cleans waste receptacles and replaces liners.
- Collects and transports trash and other disposable waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies (as provided as required.
- Performs work as re-assigned to cover for vacancies and absences as directed.
- Identifies and advises Maintenance Supervisor of any observed conditions requiring repair, maintenance, adjustment, etc.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor of any questions, comments or service complaints.
- Must be prepared to demonstrate an acceptable working knowledge of all core competency required
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.