The machinist will be responsible for operating several manual machines to produce a variety of precision parts to support our growing sales of industrial drying equipment and systems. The right candidate will be a team player who has experience working on a wide range of machines and willingness to learn how to machine a wide variety of parts.
• Setting up and operating large horizontal lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc. to machine cast iron and stainless-steel precision parts
• Reading engineering drawings and job orders to determine specifications and tooling instructions
• Measuring dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
• Assist with metal prep operations including press brake, power rolls, sheet metal and saw to cut, bend, form, straighten, stretch, punch, or roll metal into a wide variety of forms such as channels, angles, T-sections, plates, and drums.
• Load and unload presses and move parts and tools around work area as required.
• Drill, grind, trim, burr, ID and document work as required to complete job assignment.
• Keep work area clean maintain equipment in proper working order
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• At least two years experience with manual machining tools. CNC experience a plus.
• Problem solver that can multi-task
• Ability to work without supervision while also working within larger team
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Vocational, technical or high school education