School Professionals, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies, is currently searching for a long-term substitute teacher for the 2019-2020 school year in the Key Biscayne area! If you think that you are the right choice for this position, please see below and submit your resume today to connect with our recruiters. We hope to hear from you soon!
The position runs from August to June with a private Catholic school in the Key Biscayne area. The right applicant will be willing to cover an 8th grade ELA class for the first 4 months of the assignment. All lesson plans have been created, but the substitute will be responsible for implementing/teaching the class, grading, and conferencing, if necessary, with parents. The remainder of the assignment will be spent as a permanent substitute at the same school, working with PreK-8th. The substitute teacher will be required to report to work every day in order to cover for any teacher that may be away that day. Often, the specific assignment will be scheduled ahead of time.
Please also note that every School Professionals substitute teacher is expected to carry out the professional duties of a classroom teacher, adhere to school policies and School Professionals policies, possess a positive attitude, report for scheduled work reliably and punctually, and maintain a clean, safe and supportive classroom environment.
Applying is easy! All you need to apply is:
• A completed bachelor's degree, preferably in education or ELA
• The ability to provide 2 professional references
• 3+ months previous classroom experience
• Have previously completed or be willing to complete fingerprinting process with the Archdiocese of Miami.
• Have previously completed or be willing to complete Virtus Training with the Archdiocese of Miami Certification preferred (temporary, in-process, and out-of-state certifications will also be considered!)