The Loan Administrator will be responsible for both the credit file management as prescribed by the C&I Loan Administration Policy & Procedures Handbook and; the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and BSA/AML due diligence process.
This is an administrative role in the front office that will include the management of all loan fundings & loan closings, as well as on-going loan maintenance, including filing loan documents and problem resolution concerning payments, etc.
The Loan Administrator will ensure compliance with the Bank's overall BSA/ AML Compliance Program and be responsible for all aspects of KYC due diligence actions such as:
• The input of borrower identity information (KYC)
• Response to findings and guidance from our Financial Crimes Control department
• Maintain department KYC database and • Implement KYC monitoring and maintenance of borrowers and clients
• They will own the review of all loan documents prior to funding including:
• Verification of internal credit approvals and loan covenants
• Definition of processing requirements associated with product types, terms, allocations, rate structure, fees, and any special instructions.
• Ensure all collateral inventory / insurance documents are maintained in accordance with the C&I Policy & Procedures Handbook.
• Ensures required reports are provided to management and the Board on a timely basis.
• The administrator coordinates and executes the processing and funding activities to ensure the loans are booked in a timely manner.
• Initiates credit file documentation for all new customer requests for loan advances.
• Collaborate with other banks or arrangers participating in loan relationships
• Initiate appropriate funding actions to fund the loan closing/acquisition per the customers instructions on the customer specified funding date, normally same day.
• General maintenance of accounts including data input, report ordering and review, preparation of appropriate forms, maintenance of transaction logs, preparation of balances, etc.
• Verify loan purchases and performs payoff functions
• Perform all other duties as assigned and assist loan officers as needed
• Bachelors degree
• 1+ years of relevant experience in loans administration working for either a commercial bank, prime broker, administrator or hedge fund
• Strong understanding of KYC and BSA/AML due diligence required.
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel is required. Will be required to manage large data sets using functions such as data tools, pivot tables, and other excel functions required.
• Excellent project management, organizational skills, and agility; adept at managing multiple projects and constituencies concurrently
• Ability to take direction and to work well with other team members is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid client relationship management skills, both internally and externally