Litigation Project Manager
Our client, a well-known national law firm, is seeking a Senior Litigation Project Manager to join their New York office. This is a full-time permanent position for an experienced Litigation Project Manager. The ideal Senior Litigation Project Manager will have at least five years of program/project management experience in professional services industries. The candidate must have experience working on legal, compliance, privacy and/or related projects. The Project Manager will lead complex projects to ensure process control, will create effective models, and will manage the quality and timely delivery of project deliverables to both internal and external clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious law firm. Competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are a Senior Litigation Project Manager with at least five years of program/project management experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Managing the process and responsibilities of large and complex projects and litigations and enforcing standardization of project activities and deliverables.
- Guiding and supporting partners and lead associates in defining matter scope and project approach, determining staffing and managing workstreams, and tracking and managing changes.
- Capturing legal requirements and explicit and implicit client requirements/preferences and designing project approach accordingly.
- Organizing streamlined and cost-effective support model, and directing paralegals, litigation support, and other staff on project activities.
- Proposing and enforcing solutions, managing expectation, and managing scope throughout project delivery.
- Preparing internal team and client status reports.
- Providing timely updates to client team partners on potential issues identified and following up with stakeholders to ensure potential issues are addressed.
- Establishing, refining, and applying best practices to future projects.
- Identifying future needs/opportunities for new service delivery; leading analysis and design workshops; and improving project activities and delivery.
- Creating database of project forms and templates.
- Continuously monitoring and reporting on costs and fees on all large projects and assisting with budget revisions, tracking and guidance.
- Proactively drive any necessary communications with client and/or project team regarding budget adjustments.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Business, Management or related field).
- JD or MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of program/project management in professional services industries.
- Proven ability to lead complex litigations and departmental projects, manage a diverse set of stakeholders and cross-functional teams, and manage multiple/competing deadlines.
- Experience working on legal, compliance, privacy and/or related projects.
- Strong ability to engage directly with leadership on strategy and be able to pivot to granular detail within working teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate solutions to teams and support personnel, explaining results, and achieving buy-in from matter teams.
- Ability to integrate and synthesize information from multiple teams and workstreams in order to analyze complex issues, mitigate risk, and solve problems.
- Outstanding organizational, time management and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Possess highly developed organization, writing, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of extranets or other collaborative project management tools, Visio, Excel, and financial systems and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in compiling executive summaries and status reports.