Our client, a well-known national law firm, is seeking a General Litigation Paralegal to join their New York City office. This is a full-time permanent position for an experienced general litigation paralegal with experience or a strong interest in antitrust.
The General Litigation Paralegal will be supporting several partners and associates in the Antitrust Litigation Division. The General Litigation Paralegal will be assisting with the preparation and organization of case materials; trial preparation; client interviews; and the evaluation of case issues and claims. The firm promotes personal and professional growth along with team collaboration. There are programs in place to foster a well-rounded work environment. The firm seeks individuals who are interested in antitrust, taking their career to a new level, show initiative, and have a passion for doing exceptional work and contributing to a team.
The ideal General Litigation Paralegal will have 4 to 7 years of general litigation experience in a law firm setting and a strong interest or experience in antitrust law. The paralegal must have class action multi district litigation experience. This is a senior level position that requires a confident, analytical minded individual who can interface with all levels of authority, provide continual support to an array of personalities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious and diverse practice at a great law firm. Competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are a Litigation Paralegal with 4 to 7 years of general litigation and class action multi district litigation experience, please submit a resume which highlights your backround. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Analyzing facts and data
- Understanding the details of case issues and claims
- Organizing voluminous case materials
- Creating deposition witness kits
- Drafting exhibit lists and coordinating joint exhibit list creation
- Interviewing clients
- Drafting exhibit lists
- Collaborating with trial support services regarding trial logistics
- Providing support to litigation team at class certification hearings, Daubert hearings, at trial and arbitrations
- Associates or Bachelors degree in the Paralegal field (preferred) or Bachelors degree with ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate
- 4 to 7 years of General Litigation and class action experience
- Knowledge of Blue Book is a must
- Expertise in Federal, State, Multi-district litigation/court rules is required
- Discovery and trial preparation experience
- Antitrust experience is highly desired
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment