Our client, a prestigious civil law firm, is seeking a Litigation Paralegal with estate planning and elder law experience, to join its Brooklyn location for a temp to perm position.
The ideal Litigation Paralegal will have at least 3 years of litigation experience specifically in estate planning and/or elder law experience in a law firm. The Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for preparing records, exhibits, summarizing financial records and deposition transcripts, and assisting in trial preparation. The ideal Litigation Paralegal must be able to work independently, be familiar with NYSCEF and PACER, multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle a large caseload. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your paralegal career by developing an understanding of the anatomy of state and federal litigation through hands-on experience in a small general civil litigation practice group. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If you are a Litigation Paralegal with at least 3 years of litigation experience specifically in estate planning and/or elder law and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
• Trial preparation
• Preparing records, reviewing and preparing exhibits, and summarizing financial records and deposition transcripts
• Contacting outside sources (government agencies, witnesses, experts, etc.) to obtain information
• Evaluating, analyzing and organizing documents produced by other parties
• Reviewing files for outstanding discovery demands and obligations in preparation for court appearances, depositions, and trial
• Analyzing and gathering material needed for expert witness review
• Assembling chronologies of key documents
• Managing documents and organizing case files
• Filing pleadings and papers with courts electronic filing systems
• Bachelors degree; paralegal certificate preferred
• At least 3 years of experience as a litigation paralegal, specifically in estate planning and/or elder law
• Experience preparing records, assembling exhibits, drafting pleadings, and summarizing transcripts
• Discovery and trial preparation experience
• Strong writing and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients
• Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Familiarity with New Yorks electronic filing system (NYSCEF) and Pacer.gov
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Must be able to work independently