OCC is seeking a Litigation Paralegal (2 to 3 years of experience) for a fulltime position located in Midtown Manhattan. This position requires a well-organized and independent paralegal to provide support to attorneys in the litigation practice group. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain more substantive experience.
- Maintains electronic case files including discovery documents, pleadings and correspondence.
- Prepare documents for discovery in paper and electronic formats
- Perform searches on databases to meet the requirement of case teams.
- Prepare case specific workbooks, witness files and binders in paper and electronic formats.
- Coordinates deliveries of materials to local courts and agencies.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of court documents including cite-checking and blue booking.
- Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Paralegal Certificate is a plus.
- E-filing and familiarity with the New York Court System.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a professional office setting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior proofreading and research skills.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively.
- Detail oriented and has ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) and Concordance.