On Call Counsel - Brooklyn, New York, United States (On-site)
Our client, a prestigious government agency, is seeking a mid-senior level litigation attorney for a long-term contract position (with the possibility of becoming a permanent employee).
Candidates must be admitted to practice and in good standing in New York and have 3+ years of practicing litigation experience.
- Location: Brooklyn
- Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Hourly Rate: $40
- Duration of Assignment: 7+ months
- Review investigative reports, both substantiated and unsubstantiated, to ensure that all allegations have been addressed, all necessary witnesses have been interviewed, and that the investigation was thoroughly conducted.
- Review investigative files to ensure that all necessary documentation has been filed in accordance with investigative policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to investigative staff regarding report quality and content.
- Conduct comprehensive searches of the database.
- Confer with subject matter specialists, technical experts, and administrative trial attorneys.
- Conduct research and prepare legal briefs and memoranda on education law issues.
- Review complex, important, or highly technical laws, rules or regulations.
- Act as liaison with executives within and with other City agencies.
- Candidates must be admitted to practice and in good standing in New York and have 3+ years of practicing litigation experience.
This job is presented to you by On Call Counsel, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in government and private entities. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.oncallcounsel.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.