Licensed Practical Nurse
We are seeking PT/FT Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to ensure that health and nursing quality standards are maintained for patients under the clinical direction of the RN. This includes providing direction to the direct care staff, performing direct nursing care, and coordinating outside medical services. The ideal LPN should demonstrate knowledge of our clients quality mission, vision, and values. In addition, this position actively participates in quality improvement projects (i.e. communicating issues, offering suggestions) to ensure ongoing excellence of residents, staff, and programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Takes direction from a RN and renders direct nursing care by examining individuals' conditions.
- Under the direction of a RN, observes and evaluates by seeing, hearing and using hands and fingers to observe individuals' conditions in accordance with Standard Nursing Practices and reports pertinent observations to the RN/Medical Team. Accurately documents observations, interventions, and outcomes of treatment.
- Contacts the physician when necessary, in person, by telephone and/or in writing to discuss changes in individuals' conditions, results of consultations, lab tests, etc.
- Monitors accuracy and timeliness of all medication and deliveries.
- Transcribes and follows through on all physicians orders.
- Oversees the administration and accurate count and control of all controlled drugs, and ensures proper control of syringes. Prepares, administers and records medications and treatments to individuals as needed in accordance with standard nursing practices.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan of care for each individual.
- Ensures that all necessary health documentation and other requirements are up to date (clinic visits, inoculations, quarterly and annual reviews, etc.)
- Responsible for accurate documentation of all relevant information pertaining to the individual (e.g. nursing notes, quarterly reports, etc.).
- Ensures that all equipment is in good repair and functions properly. Informs management of equipment needs.
- Provides on-going direction and feedback regarding performance of direct support staff and reports issues as needed to the management team.
- Acts as a liaison between other community agencies (schools, programs, clinics, families, etc.).
- LPN License
- 6-12 months experience
- COVID Vaccination Required
This job is presented to you The TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities across a variety of industries and careers. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.oncallcounsel.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.