Legal Case Manager
Emeryville, CA Law Firm is currently seeking a full-time Legal Case Manager / Project Manager. This position will report to the Senior Partners of the Firm, and includes supervision and management of staff in response to the needs of all legal teams.
• Provide direction, assistance and training to staff members, as needed
• See projects through to completion, including receipt and prioritization of assignments from legal teams, distribution to appropriate staff, and tracking of same
• Proactively communicate with attorneys on upcoming events or deadlines, and plan accordingly
• Assist attorneys in preparation for depositions, meditations, hearings, trial and arbitration
• Manage various databases to ensure information is accurate and updated timely
• Facilitate team meetings, including preparing agenda and tracking notes/updates.
• Communicate with clients, vendors and third parties.
• Provide assistance to the Operations Manager
• A minimum of three years of legal experience
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State Court rules and procedures
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Applicant must be pro-active and a self-starter
• Proficiency with Adobe, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook