Midtown Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant in the Boston office to provide administrative, legal secretarial, and/or clerical support for assigned lawyers and other members of the Firm on an as-needed basis.
- Create, edit, format and produce Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as needed according to Proskauer standards
- Provide assistance with ongoing projects to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Provide telephone coverage to assigned/backup lawyers
- Create new business forms and files as required
- Complete and submit Expense Forms and Check Requests in a timely manner as required
Arrange for travel, seminars, conferences, etc. as needed
- Manage lawyer calendar appointments for client meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Assist with time entries and billing as needed
- Perform routine administrative tasks, such as printing, scanning, copying messenger service, etc.
- Work as part of secretarial floor teams to provide assistance to all lawyers
- Provide overflow support as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
At least 2 years of legal experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality dealing with sensitive information and client matters.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on various assignments, with various attorneys and staff, including overtime as needed
- Ability to maintain composure in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to type 50-60 wpm