Downtown Law Firm is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join their team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter, who is able to perform extensive multi-tasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail, take initiative, think strategically and independently.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of presentations, announcements relative to their practices and new business proposals.
- Create and maintain Outlook contacts and update categories for preparation of client event lists.
- Evaluate, coordinate and renew all professional memberships and sponsorship's.
- Assist with client entertainment events (coordinate lunches, provide firm materials to clients, send gifts, sports tickets, correspondence) and respond to client inquiries with firm information.
- Create, update and facilitate complex and busy travel itinerary, which includes extensive client contact.
- Periodic review and update of Outlook contacts for the purpose of facilitating appropriate client meetings and the potential need for further contact, including tracking outcome for client interactions for new business.
- Confirm attendance at trade events, seminars, and client-sponsored events; schedule travel and hotels, send pre-approved materials, follow-up post engagements.
- Assist with receipt of new business, which includes initiating conflict check, file opening and attorney assignment, as well as special client-related projects.
- Office/Clerical Administrative experience is required.
- Legal secretarial experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with data management using InterAction (CRM), Chrome River, and Microsoft Suite with advanced level experience in Word and Outlook.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence, memorandum, e-mails and rate proposals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to respond to client inquiries and problems.
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems or potential conflict with existing or new business.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines.