On Call Counsel is seeking a Paralegals with Labor & Employment experience for opportunities in New York City. Paralegals will provide a variety of support to labor and employment attorneys and/or in-house legal departments. If you are available for contract or temporary work.
- Prepare labor & employment litigation documents, including discovery, motion and trial documents.
- Organize and maintain case materials using traditional and electronic document management systems.
- Conduct research and gather information using general and legal research tools.
- Assist attorneys with local court proceedings, coordinating service of process and court filings, both in hard copy and electronically.
- File pleadings, motions and other documents electronically via CM/ECF and NYSCEF.
- Other responsibilities as attorney and client needs dictate.
- Actively participating in investigations, mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences, and similar legal proceedings.
- Bachelors degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- Preferably at least 3-5 years of substantive experience, involving the gathering of electronic data; assimilating data into damages models and preparing presentations.
- Knowledge of litigation procedures, court structure and court rules and regulations.
- Experience with electronic case filing in state and federal court.
- Experience with Case Logistix, Relativity or other e-discovery or case management software.
- Experience with employment-related and Fair Labor Standards Act litigation preferred.