Junior Litigation Attorney
On Call Counsel is seeking a New York licensed Junior litigation attorney for a temp to perm assignment in Midtown Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn. The pay rate will range from $31 to $40 per hour depending on experience. The ideal candidate must have recent substantive litigation experience as well as settlement experience.
If you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your recent substantive litigation and settlement background as it relates to the position.
• Negotiating and implementing the settlement of claims, including attorneys fees
• Researching state and federal case law specifically as it pertains to settlement negotiations
• Reviewing, editing, and approving stipulations of settlements
• Working with outside counsel and evaluating their demands
• Understanding and educating others about impartial hearing orders
• Actively licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York
• Prior settlement experience
• Recent substantive litigation experience (besides private practice)
• Candidates must have strong analytic, research, writing, and communication skills