Junior Litigation Attorney – temp position
On Call Counsel is seeking a New York licensed litigation attorney for a 4 month remote temp assignment. The position is expected to start as soon as possible. The pay rate will range from $35 to $40 per hour depending on experience. The ideal candidate must have recent substantive litigation experience as well as experience attending hearings and negotiating settlements. If you have the requisite background and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your recent substantive litigation and settlement background as it relates to the position.
- Negotiating and implementing the settlement of claims, including attorney's fees.
- Researching state and deferral case law specifically as it pertains to settlement negotiations.
- Reviewing, editing, and approving stipulations of settlements.
- Working with outside counsel and evaluating their demands.
- Understanding and educating others about impartial hearing orders.
- Actively licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of New York.
- Prior settlement negotiation experience.
- Recent substantive litigation experience (besides private practice).
- Experience attending hearings.
- Candidates must have strong analytic, research, writing, and communication skills.